TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: What are you valuing it at..?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: What are you valuing it at..?

Posted by JaredLopeZ on January 10, 2024 at 8:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 254 times.

In Reply To Re: What are you valuing it at..? posted by z_man300 on January 10, 2024 at 07:21 PM

Message As a former USAA adjuster of 7 years dealing with property damage, I can tell you first hand that BaT is not a source they use for determining ACV. You need to have your vehicle on a collectors policy, not a standard auto. If you total your Z they will just look at cars for sale on things like auto trader or car gurus etc and make a conditional adjustment for mileage and paint, interior etc. when I say conditional adjustment I mean that they will pick a car with typical torn up seats and add ~$350 because you have better interior. Same with paint, engine bay etc. I bet you if something happened to your Z, USAA would value your car in the range of the low 20’s when everyone here knows a 19K concours level car can easily get into the 50s on the right platform such as BaT. That said, I have nothing but great things to say about USAA but it’s not the right tool for a niche classic like a pristine Z32. Try Hagerty if Grundy is such a PITA. My TT 5speed is insured with them for 26k declared value and they required next to nothing from me to do so.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.